Tenax Schools Trust is a Church of England multi-academy trust (MAT) that exists to provide outstanding education in both primary and secondary schools in Kent and East Sussex. Tenax is a mixed trust that includes community schools with no denominational ethos alongside Church of England Voluntary Aided (VA) and Voluntary Controlled (VC) schools. While our Church of England schools place particular emphasis on teaching children and young people about Christian values, beliefs and traditions all of our schools subscribe to our underpinning educational, ethical and personal development principles. We value diversity and will preserve the distinctive local character of each school. We welcome pupils and families from all backgrounds and from all faiths and none.
Our educational philosophy derives from our founding values:
- We believe in the value and potential of every child and young person.
- We are committed to high standards of achievement and embrace a positive mind set approach that insists all students can make exceptional progress.
- We will deliver high quality teaching with a focus on achieving mastery of subjects from phonics through to the skills needed to play a musical instrument well.
- We value our staff because exceptional learning requires exceptional teachers. We provide excellent professional and career development as well as competitive employment packages. We aim to be an employer of choice.
- We will provide rich additional opportunities for all to build character and develop children and young people’s moral, social and cultural awareness.